Powerbiotics-52™ contains 9 species of microorganisms from non-dairy sources. Because each strain has an affinity for a different part of the digestive tract, and a unique mechanism of action, a product that delivers multiple strains is preferable to single strain products.*
Powerbiotics-52™ also contains added Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), a soluble fiber and prebiotic that selectively supports the proliferation of intestinal probiotics for digestive tract health.*
• Guaranteed to contain 52.5 billion CFUs of microorganisms in each vegetarian capsule.
• A non-dairy multi probiotic product to best mimic normal human flora.*
• Individuals who are lactose intolerant*
• Normalizing digestion*
• Supporting regularity*
• Urologic support*
• Immune system support*
About the Formula
• Lactobacilli (L. acidophilus, L. rhamnosus, L. casei, L. salivarius) are located in the small intestine and produce lactic acid. Many strains of bacteria from the Lactobacillus family have been shown to support regularity, urogenital and vaginal health, production of the lactase enzymes and protect the gut lining from unwanted materials.*
• L. salivarius is a strain of beneficial bacterial that has been shown to resist low pH conditions. It has also been shown to support immune system function by modulating certain cytokines (IL-10 and IL-12).* In vitro studies have shown that L. salivarius strongly adheres to human epithelia cell lines. This interaction with the mucosa demonstrates its support of the intestinal immune system.*
• Bifidobacteria (B. lactis, B. breve, B. longum, B. bifidum) are located in the colon and produce lactic and acetic acids, making the gut a very inhospitable place for unwanted materials. Bifidobacteria have been shown to promote regularity.*
• Streptococcus thermophilus is also a lactic acid producer, which lines the gut wall to provide a barrier from unwanted materials, promotes regularity and produces the lactase enzyme.*
• Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) are considered a soluble fiber and prebiotic, which supports the growth of beneficial microorganisms in the intestinal tract.*
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving
Stabilized Nondairy Probiotic Complex 52.5 Billion CFU
Containing: Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus
acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium breve, Lactobacillus salivarius, Streptococcus
thermophilus, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus rhamnosus
Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) 25 mg
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice
maltodextrin, vegetable stearate, silica.
Warning: If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule once or twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.